Friday, April 11, 2014

Plants, Plants, Plants

I have been so busy and I have neglected my blog.  I have peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, basil, celery, thyme,parsley inside and outside onions, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, mustard, bok-choy and flowers.
I need to finish transplanting the inside plants. I have a lot of different varieties and I will list them later.

I planted spinach and lettuce out in a box and transplanted a few strawberries. Andy and I dug up some rhubarb from the neighbors that are moving and then Jacob and I got some more. I gave some to a neighbor and some to a friend at church.

Rachel and I made more raspberry jam and we made elderberry jelly. I dehydrated more cherry tomatoes and squash too.

I want to make blackberry jam, blackberry jelly, strawberry/rhubarb jam, raspberry/rhubarb jam, just plain rhubarb jam.

Jacob and I got the garden staked and we planted the blue potatoes that had sprouted. The box
 behind this was full of them too. We put the lattice up for the peas and he drove fence posts in and getting other areas ready for planting peas. I should have had them planted by now, but it is not too late.
. The garlic is coming up real nice. I just wish I did not plant it like this, but had made a single row around the garden to save space.

More later. I hope everyone is having nice weather and getting their gardens planted. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! You have been busy! You have a good excuse for not blogging! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants certainly look healthy! Have missed your posts.
    I've nominated you for the Beautiful Blog Award (see my blog for more info).

    ReplyDelete