Thursday, March 20, 2014

Potatoes And Jam Finished

The potatoes have cooled and we have them in the jars now.  The raspberry jam are all sealed and have their labels now and ready to go into the cabinet.

 We are dehydrating strawberries and raspberries today.  Jacob said he could only find 2 bags of strawberries, but I think there are a lot buried in the bottom, so we have about 7 pounds of strawberries and 2-1/2 pounds of raspberries.
Some of the raspberries have a lot of little pieces, so I am not sure how that is going to turn out. I read where one lady said that if her tomato slices were too small, she had a hard time scraping them off the liners. That does not sound too good.

I have more tomatoes coming up. The eggplant are coming up now. I am not sure about the peppers. I went to the store and bought some bell pepper seed. Seeds are going on sale now, so it is hard to resist. I am starting more even of eggplant. With this dehydrator, I feel like I should plant a lot. I hope I do not end up tilling up all the grass and expanding more! I don't think the kids would like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment