Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sunshine Award



Thank you Rachel from http://idahoinspirations.blogspot.com/ for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! A very cute idea. I am not sure where it started from. We are to answer 10 questions of the nominators choice. Here are the 10 questions I am to answer. 

1) One state you'd like to visit, but never have?
I would choose Maine because I have never been to that part of the country. It is very pretty. It has moose like Idaho, but it is also on the ocean. 

2) Your earliest memory?
I can remember walking behind my mother and her mother when I was about 3 years old.  They were walking arm-in-arm. My grandmother had brought tricycles for us. She gave my brother a red one and she gave me a blue one that was bigger than his.  I have another memory of my brother getting out of the fence and going in the street. I remember going out in the street to get him and bringing him back. He seemed to be younger than 2, so I would have been 3.
 
3) Your favorite memory?
There are a lot of things you can put. I almost have to say the birth of my children, but the actual day of the birth is not such a favorite memory. I liked being pregnant and the day they come home from the hospital is special. When I thought about this question, a memory of when I was about 9 came to mind.  We went to see my other grandmother, my dad's mother.  She lived in Spavinaw, Oklahoma, right on Lake Spavinaw in a cabin. We got to sleep on the screened in porch. I remember swimming with my dad and my brother. The water was clear and you could see the bottom.  The water was cold and it was so much cooler and prettier compared to southern Oklahoma where I lived.  
  4) What are you doing this weekend?
I will be working and planting more seeds.
5) Something you could eat your weight in?
I wish I would say salad, but it is ice cream.
6) Is that glass really half empty or half full?
It is half full. I am the optimist of all omptimists. 
 
7) Favorite Bible verse?


Matthew 5:2 "And He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying,"
Matthew 5:3 ""Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted,"
Matthew 5:5 "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."
Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."
Matthew 5:7 "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."
Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."
Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall called the children of God."
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:11 "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."
Matthew 5:12 "Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

and

Zechariah 13:9 "And I will bring a third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God."


 and

Zechariah 14:16 "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles."
Zechariah 14:17 "And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zechariah 14:18 "And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles."
Zechariah 14:19 "This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles."
Zechariah 14:20 "In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar."

and


I Chronicles 14:14 "Therefore David enquired again of God; and God said unto him, "Go not up after them; turn away from them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees."
I Chronicles 14:15 "And it shall be, when thou shalt hear a sound of going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt go out to battle: for God is gone forth before thee to smite the host of the Philistines."  

8) Snow or Rain? 
It is rain.  Rain makes your garden grow better.  It means it is warm out. It smells good. I like to hear rain fall and I like thunder and lightening than can come with it.  I eagerly look forward to the first rain in the spring because I know winter is over.   I am blessed that I do not have to pray for rain where I live.
 
9) Worst injury?
I have never had a broken bone.  When I was 13, I was sitting on a stand that the air conditioner had been on.  The boards came loose and I fell straight down and hit my back.  It did not hurt bad, but may have caused some rib and back trouble later.
 
10) Next thing you're most excited for?
The return of Jesus Christ, but until then, I am always excited about gardening and what to plant.

So now I am to nominate a blog and I nominate Sue at The Little Acre That Could. http://thelittleacrethatcould.blogspot.com. It is a really nice blog that I follow. You can read about food storage, which is a subject I am going to start focusing more on than I have been in the last year or so. 

My 10 questions are?

1. Do you grow a garden and if you do, what is your favorite thing to grow?

 2. Do you plant flowers and if you do, what is your favorite flower to grow?

3. Rain or snow?

4. Do you enjoy blogging?

5. What was your favorite book to read as a child?

6. Do you have a favorite quote?

7. What is your favorite meal, breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

8. When you were in the first grade, what did you want to be when you grew up?

9. What is your favorite season, spring, summer, winter or fall?

10. Where is the most interesting place you have visited?
 ___________________
 Start a new blog post.

Upload an image of your choice.

Answer my 10 questions above.

Then make up 10 new questions.

Nominate some bloggers.
Look forward to reading your answers!

 

3 comments:

  1. I love your answers!! Especially the two memory questions.
    <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honoured that you nominated my blog for the Sunshine Award. That was a delightful surprise to find in my inbox this morning! It's especially meaningful to me because my real-time friends call me Sunshine Sue. To have a complete stranger feel likewise makes me happy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am glad! I have just started blogging and my daughter nominated everybody that I know, so I had to look in my list of blogs I follow and you had the sunshine pictures at the beach, and I like your blog, so you get the Sunshine Award!

      Delete