Tuesday, March 18, 2014

So Busy

A lot of the flooded cups did sprout. I am still confused on what most of them are,

From the flooded cups.

but they are outside in the sawhorse greenhouse. The onions, cabbage and bok-choy are out there too.
Onions
 The onions and bok-choy are growing, but the cabbage does not look so good.

On March 12, I also started basil and a lot of it is up already. I also started bok-choy again and eggplant and some of those are up. On March 12, I also started 55 tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.  There are 20 some of these up.  I also planted some more of the saved daisy and hollyhock seeds from 2 years ago.  I also started peppers, Lipstick, Garden Salsa, California Wonder, Carnival Mix, which is a bell mix, and only a couple of these have come up.  I planted some more kale too.
From the flooded cups

On March 14, I started some celery, thyme, parsley, Serrano peppers, and I also started some bell peppers called Green Juniper from 1997 seed. I want to see if they will come up. I did have some grow a few years ago.

Today, I started some heirloom tomatoes called Delicious. I also started more peppers, Cubanelle, Sweet Banana, Early Jalapeno, Ancho/Poblano, Thai Yellow Chili peppers that were free seeds, some more celery and parsley. 

The spinach in the milk jug is coming up and also spinach that I planted in a raised bed last fall is coming up.  

I am still making keifr. I am using frozen raspberries now and it is really good.  Jacob even thinks it is better than the store bought kind.

Andy ran the tiller over the ground for the new herb garden.  We will be working on that for the next few days.  I am going to plant the peas in the next day or so. 

We bought a dehydrator, the 9 tray Excalibur 3900.  I am going to be busy with this.  I hope to clean some of the freezers out and dehydrate squash and tomatoes.  I will dehydrate some of the fruit, but I also make to make jam and jelly too.  So, that is what I have been doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment