Sunday, February 9, 2014

I Made A Garden Notebook

I have wanted to make a garden notebook for several years now. I just never made time for it.  I usually make notes and lose them.
I start files each year on the computer and have some information saved from past gardens.  I save tags from plants I buy, but they are all mixed up.  After planting the onions yesterday, I threw the empty seed packets away, but then thought, I do not even know what I planted, so I took them out of the trash and decided to make the garden notebook.  I will keep track of what I plant and the dates.  The dates I plant outside.
I will take pictures of things as they grow and put in the book.  I think I will also keep track of how much I spend this year and keep receipts. I already had a notebook that was not being used. It was my daughter's that she bought for one of her homeschool classes and did not need it. If I was going to buy a notebook, I am not sure exactly what I would buy.  The cover could be decorated many ways.  I am not sure if the lined paper is the best choice.  The paper is thin.  I am not sure if I should glue things or use tape.  This will be kind of a learning year of how I want to make my garden notebook. I want to add more pictures to the cover. 

It was fun starting this and I can't wait to start adding things to the pages. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea. Every year, I try to keep track of dates and what I planted, too. But it seems I always end up losing it.

    ReplyDelete