Wednesday, February 19, 2014

More Seeds Planted Today

I went out to the shed and walked through the mud and rain to get my supplies I needed. I even had to go to Wal-Mart to get some peat pots to plant in.  I did all the work with the potting soil in the wood room so that I would not get dirt all over the house like I usually do.  The wood room It is a room off the porch where he keep firewood.  If it had a west or south window, I would turn it into a potting shed/greenhouse.   I wrote down what I planted in my Garden Notebook.  I feel like I am organized this year.

I planted some bok choy named Extra Dwarf Pak Choy.

I planted 3 kinds of cabbage, Brunswick, Late Flat Dutch, and Giant Mammoth.  The onions I planted on Feb. 8 are up, at least the Ailsa Craig are.

The other container had different seed and only a couple sprouted.  It was older seed, so I replanted that box with Ailsa Craig and started another box with Brunswick and Jaune Paille Des Vertus.

The sweet potatoes are still growing in the greenhouse and are getting a lot of roots. This picture is when I put them in the jars, so you cannot see the roots.  I think I am going to have sweet potatoes slips to plant.  They are Beauregard sweet potatoes.


I will be going through the seeds and deciding what to plant next. I probably will have too many things again and no room, especially if I start some flowers.

I am starting to look at the ground and see when the dandelions start showing up. I know it is too early yet, but I know the rabbits can't wait.  The also love cilantro, so I will plant a lot of that and basil.  The mint will be coming back and the thyme.  T

2 comments:

  1. I hope the neighbor's bunnies that have adopted us, are gone by the time I plant my garden. Yikes! I thought they would go home during that cold spell, but I noticed they are still here the other day...at least one is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. The rabbits did not really bother my garden after the plants were bigger, but they could eat a whole cabbage or squash plant in 1 day when the plants were new.

      Delete