Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Odds And Ends

I took new pictures of some of the rabbits outside.  The ground was thawing and they had easy digging.

Hot Shot digging
I think they want to help till the garden for me.  I almost feel that I am late in starting the garden, but I know I do this every year and start things too early, but I am going to start ordering seeds.

I have Ailsa Craig and Jaune Paille Des Vertus onion seeds in a shopping basket.  I will try to finish my order this weekend.  I am looking for a purple onion to try.  I did plant Ailsa Craig last year and the flavor was wonderful Jaune Paille Des Vertus will be a new one.

I will have to thin the herb garden this spring and the flowers.  I am running out of room and this year I may have to have a yard sale.

The Herb Garden By The House:
Sage, lavender, chives, oregano, thyme,
Apple mint
apple mint, chocolate mint, spearmint, pineapple mint, orange mint, summer lemonade, peppermint and a few flowers are in there. I know there is a big daisy plant right in the front that was so tall it fell over last year.

The Flowers In Front:
Roses, hollyhocks, coneflowers, bee balm, Valerian, Joe Pye, Campanula, Columbine, Delphinium, Foxglove, Peony, Lupine, Lilly, Daisy, and there are more. This is going to take a lot of work this sprint.  I do not have any pictures because there were so many weeds.  I hope to do better this year.  I want to put a lot of mulch down.  




2 comments:

  1. The rabbits sure do like to dig!

    Who knew there were so many different kinds of mint! The apple mint looked very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rabbits like the apple mint and I like it in the raspberry/mint/lemonade.

      Delete